- Arranging appointments with pharmacies, doctors (both GP’s and Specialists), which may include pre-arranged appointments or regular ‘cold’ calling; in order to influence them to support company products
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with medical staff and supporting administration staff, e.g. clinic sisters and receptionists.
- Regularly attending company meetings, technical data presentations and briefings
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of products, company developments, customers, and competitors. This will also include a full and complete knowledge of the Product Information and relevant clinical papers, and clinical developments within the therapeutic area.
- Keeping up with the latest clinical data supplied by the company and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations
- Monitoring competitor activity and competitors’ products;
- Keeping informed of new developments; anticipating potential negative and positive impacts on the business and adapting strategy accordingly;
- Developing strategies for increasing opportunities to meet and talk to target contacts in the medical and healthcare sector;
- Staying informed about the activities of health professionals in a particular area;
- Working with team managers to plan how to approach target contacts and creating effective business plans for contributing to the sales in a particular area.
- Work closely with marketing department to improve knowledge and implement strategies
- Deliver superior sales presentations to customers by fully planning each call with specific objectives; maintaining the customer’s interest; overcoming objections positively; reframing product features into customer benefits and the competent use of relevant literature.
- Managing budgets (for catering, appropriate hand-outs, conferences, hospitality, etc.);
- Planning work schedules; weekly (to be on the Repwise Management System by 7pm on Sunday) and monthly timetables
- Monitor own sales effectiveness and use data to focus own detail activities for best results including High Visibility (HiViz)
- Maintain full and accurate records of all customers including specialties, products used, objections raised, response to previous presentations, best time to see, specific requirements etc., which may involve database management, with a tablet
- Updating target vs non-target lists on Repwise as well as GEOcoding (Impact Rx) and to be submitted in the first week of the new cycle
- Administration deadline on the following need to be adhered to monthly and bi-monthly/ or as necessary
- Expenses (Direct Sales and SMART)
- Diseases Management and deals/promotions
- Dealing with ad hoc administration requests as and when necessary
- Capturing of any leave, petrol expense claims, subsistence allowance on ESS
- Weekly updates of launch progress and competitor/in field information
- Daily reporting on Repwise management system and ensuring that all call details /comments are included
- Synchronizing of Repwise Management system – a minimum of 3 times a day
- Daily input of mileage on Repwise
- Organising meetings and CME’s for pharmacies, doctors and other medical staff.
- On completion of SMART function, rating feedback needs to be completed and submitted by the end of the week to the RSM
SMART function Return on Investment (ROI) feedback to be submitted quarterly
- Degree or Diploma with 3-5 years pharmaceutical / sales-related experience