Within the Team “Shop Floor Systems 1 – Production, Methods, Tools”, we’re developing and operating IT applications which support the production flow within our factories. One of our key projects is the “MO IoT Platform”, a shopfloor IT data ingestion and analytics platform. This platform is confirmed for all major MO production plants worldwide. This role will be responsible for resolving production issues, cluster performance optimization, capacity planning, enhancing monitoring capabilities for early issue detection, driving operational readiness and ongoing maintenance of our Elastic Search and for operational parts of one of the major applications on the platform.
The Job Requirements
- Deep knowledge and experience in software design, platform design and application operations.
- Very good knowledge in recent IT base technology (Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, ElasticSearch, REST APIs)
- Experience configuring and fine tuning large clusters.
- Experience with Server to Server and Client to Server communication interfaces (REST, MQ, MQTT, PubSub)
- Good IT base knowledge (Linux, XML, JSON, data modeling, handling large amounts of data)
- 2+ years of ElasticSearch experience in production, in medium to large clusters.
- Good understanding of ElasticSearch concepts and terminology (i.e. aliases, partitioning, shards and replication)
- Administration/Configuration/Management of ElasticSearch, Kibana, Web- and Application Servers
- Experience working in a DevOps team following agile methodologies and guidelines.
- Pioneering spirit in dealing with new technologies and abstraction
- Communication and team skills
- High commitment
- Independent working attitude and self-directed learning skills
- High issue solving skills and willingness
Qualification and Experience
• Minimum NQF 7 – BSC/BCom/BTech in Information Technology
• Minimum 3 -5 Years’ experience in IT
• At least 6 months participation in our Graduate Development Programme
- Close collaboration with the CoC members in architectural enhancements of the MO IoT
- Enhancement of and integration in the overall end-to-end CI/CD process chain,
bringing the platform to the “true North Star” level.
- Packaging, Distribution, Operations and maintenance of key components within the
MO IoT Platform, such as, ElasticSearch, Kibana, metricbeat, filebeat & Logstash.
- Key contact for one of the major applications on the platform
- Supporting the overall DevOps process chain with test automation (in Junit, Jmeter,…), configuration and deployment management (Jenkins/Bamboo, Ansible).
- Participate in cluster preparation and migration for ElasticSearch /Opensearch to Kubernetes environment.
- Participate in team discussions and provide input regarding strategic team decisions.
- Monitor, maintain, and enhance our ElasticSearch instances in 10+ locations.
- Collaborate and work with colleagues in different time zones.