As an SAP Basis Technical Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for delivering projects and ensuring they’re completed on time. Your role will involve managing teams of technical consultants to ensure that the project runs smoothly. You’ll be tasked with designing solutions to meet client needs and proposing new solutions where necessary. You may also be required to manage budgets or oversee software releases as part of your day-to-day work. You should have experience in working within a large organization such as Amazon or Google before applying for this role.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Manage and resolve technical issues at clients.
- Assist Basis consultants with any technical related support issues.
- Assist and resolve project related issues that are technical in nature.
- Design Solutions for clients.
- Technical adviser to all current clients and future clients.
- Lead Technical Advisor to Business Innovation Centre.
- Technical Delivery Manager for SAP HEC Customers.
- Technical Delivery Manager for our Cloud Service for SAP Cloud Customers.
- Manage 24-hour Monitoring Team.
- Pre-sales and on-boarding for SAP Cloud Solutions.
- Migration pre-sales and On-Boarding for SAP Cloud Solution.
- Deployment Lead for any HEC deployments and SAP Cloud solutions.
Technical Project management:
- Scope identification
- WBS calculation.
- Project planning.
- Cost calculations.
- Budget management.
- Change management.
- Monitoring and controlling.
- Stakeholder management.
- Driving WBS optimisation.
- Ensuring dependability of WBS.
- Quality control and consistency management during deployment of phases.
- Strategic planning.
SAP Basis Management experience includes:
- SAP Basis service delivery.
- Leave management.
- KPI management.
- Development plans.
- Time management.
- Resource planning.
- Interviewing and employment of new Basis Consultants.
- Evaluate and present roadmaps for clients.
- Design the Solution Manager Solution for the SAP HEC ISV and Monitoring.
- Design the Solution Manager Solution for the SAP Public Cloud offerings.
- Advise and manage the technical aspect of a upgrade project from SAP 4.7 to SAP ECC 6.0 EHP7 with a Unicode conversion, O/S and DB upgrades and a migration to new hardware.
- Design SAP Cloud migration methodologies.
- Create, plan and design costing templates for Migrations to cloud (Brownfields)
- Technical Manager for a large implementation of S/4 Hana into our enterprise cloud for SAP (Greenfields)
- Key resource to design processes for migrations, on-boarding, design standards, RACI models and operation support models for Cloud customers with Classic SAP systems and HANA deployments.
- Capacity Management and roadmap developments
- 5 + years of experience in SAP technical projects and/or systems administration.
- At least 2 years of project management or technical consulting experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an SAP Basis Technical Project Manager.
- Previous experience with S/4HANA preferred.