- Assume overall engineering responsibility for the site from a GMR2(1) perspective —-General machinery regulations part 2 (1) as contained in the OHSA
- Ensure Compliance with the OHSA mandatory requirements
- Ensure compliance with all local and national regulations pertaining to the engineering field and the safe operation of the site.
- Enforce Safety
- Determine and manage costs, budgets, spares inventory levels and assets
- Participate in the development of strategic direction of the anticipated projects and delivery
- Sets objectives for maintenance team members and monitors performance against those objectives
- Liaise with internal customers to facilitate and improve customer service whilst protecting the image of the company
- Entrenches and supports Team Forum program and any other relevant people program or initiatives
- Maintains corporate governance standards
- Developing individual & team competence
- Maintaining organisational climate and supporting change initiatives
- Coaching, mentoring and providing means and ability to subordinates
- Developing and reviewing business systems & processes related to maintenance
- Minimum: Engineering Degree / Btech (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial)
Government Certificate of Competency
- 10 years general engineering manager experience in a production plant of which 5 years as a GMR 2.1 appointee.
12 MONTHS FTC
NOTE: SHOULD YOU NOT RECEIVE FEEDBACK WITHIN 7 DAYS KINDLY CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION UNSUCCESSFUL.