Job Function/Objectives of the role
We are looking for an innovative, experienced, results-driven Head of Digital Marketing to manage the digital presence and activities of our business and brand. The Head of Digital Marketing will provide strategic and operational support to the Head of Marketing and the leadership Team, ensuring all digital marketing activities are integrated with brand and product marketing strategies across multiple global markets. These strategies will drive brand awareness, brand reputation, improve customer engagement and ultimately drive customer retention and acquisition strategies to ensure ongoing growth for our business.
This role is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and managing the overall digital marketing strategy for our business and will be required to drive website traffic, develop and plan and execute digital marketing campaigns, monitor and interpret analytic data and optimize the functionality of our digital infrastructure and campaigns. In addition, it is responsible for leading, guiding, training and mentoring digital marketers and other marketing Team Members.
The Head of Digital Marketing should have extensive digital marketing experience with an in depth understanding ofall aspects of digital marketing. They are required to demonstrate excellent marketing skills and will also possess strong leadership skills. They will be required to be up to date with latest industry trends and technologies and able to apply these to enhance and automate our marketing and customer experience initiatives and drive progress within the business.
Strategic Planning & Implementation:
- Coordinate, execute, track, optimise and troubleshoot digital marketing campaigns across all digital and social channels to continue to grow our online presence across all platforms and drive business growth, while maintaining a focus on customer retention.
- Collaborate with the business to provide and interpret insights and strategies to develop and implement innovative digital brand & product marketing strategies and campaigns to retain existing customers, attract and convert new customers and improve customer engagement and enhance revenue.
- Provide guidance, functional expertise and best practice recommendations to the Team regarding the execution of digital marketing and social campaigns.
- Provide input into the design and improvements of the UI, UX and content elements of our websites.
- Assist with developing content for all digital & online platforms including websites and mobile apps, site maps, wireframes, navigation models etc.
- Manage interactive projects from inception through to completion in line with plans and strategic briefs.
- Keep up to date with the latest digital trends and continued advancements in digital technologies and marketing best practices.
- Constantly strive to discover and adopt emerging technologies, digital innovations, new platforms and systems to optimize organizational productivity and effectiveness and provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Monitor competition, determine realistic benchmarks & KPI’s, and develop strategies to gain a competitive edge.
- Plan and manage budget across all digital channels and platforms
Technical Skills and Experience:
- Search engine optimization (SEO) –advanced knowledge of SEO and the ability to create and effectively manage organic search campaigns based on specific objectives.
- Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) – Use CRO to optimise our marketing funnels, improve campaign performance and improve landing page conversion rates/reduce bounce rates.
- Mobile Marketing – Design and implement mobile marketing as part of a multi-channel, digital marketing strategy aimed at reaching our target audiences on their mobile phones, smartphones, tablets, and/or other mobile devices, via websites, email, SMS and MMS, social media, and apps.
- Email Marketing – Design email marketing campaigns and newsletters to engage target audiences and retarget/remarket where relevant.
- Social Media Marketing – Grow high-quality followers in our industry as identified in our strategies and improve engagement across the main social channels, including industry specific platforms.
- Pay-per-click Advertising (PPC) – Deliver profitable PPC campaigns that meet specific objectives and deliver ROI across multiple ad and affiliate networks making use of tools such as the full Googl e 360 suite including GA 360, Google Display & Video 360, Microsoft Ads, paid social advertising etc.
- Affiliate Marketing – oversee and manage our affiliate programmes through all phases; including planning, launch, maintaining, trafficking, marketing, reporting, optimising and analysis. Identify, evaluate and recruit new affiliates to increase distribution and collaborate with the larger marketing team and other team members to develop and implement marketing strategies that support affiliate programmes.
- Digital PR – Develop and increase our online presence through high-quality backlink generation, press releases, guest posting, and other initiatives that elevate status and brand exposure online.
- Website CMS – To be able to direct and support Teams that are required to administer and publish content on our websites.
- Data Analysis – Use data analytics tools to measure, analyse, and report on campaign performance and provide accurate insights to allow the Marketing Team and leadership to make data -driven decisions.
- HTML & CSS understanding advantageous – use HTML and CSS to make changes to a website, customise and perform content experiments and design landing pages and update metadata.
- Build, lead, mentor and coach a diverse, high-performing Digital Marketing Team
- Responsible for setting direction, KPI’s, conducting performance reviews and conducting the day-to-day people management functions of the Team
- Build long-term relationships with Team Members, clients, regulatory bodies, media and other stakeholders
- Excellent project management, organisational and time management skills
- Work closely with other marketing and business managers to optimise workflows, review pipeline, resolve challenges, and present solutions.
- Provide ongoing training to ensure your Team consistently performs above standard.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills.
- Use strong analytical abilities to evaluate end-to-end customer experiences across multiple channels as well as customer touch points.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of our competitors, customers and products and be obsessive about how we communicate with our stakeholders.
- Working with Development Team to introduce gamification for the business.
- Conduct a situation analysis of our current marketing activities and make recommendations for improved outcomes and efficiencies.
- Consistently identify revenue opportunities within our established customer base and manage consistent growth by effectively targeting new audiences and retaining existing audiences.
- Identify competitors and evaluate their strategies and positioning and devise counter-strategies
Analytics & Reporting:
- Understand key marketing performance metrics, automation and make use of analytics tools to provide in depth market research & definition, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and customer trends & insights in order to translate results into actionable insights for Marketing Team and the business.
- Measuring and reporting on how all digital marketing campaigns performed and assessing these against goals (ROI and KPIs), providing recommendations and adapting plans to improve performance.
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Ongoing review of analytics to provide insights and optimise strategies and plans
- Other ad hoc duties that might be required
- Degree / Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License and own vehicle
- Marketing, Brand Management, Communication & Sales
Reporting – Collate and report on information. Account for and verify reporting figures/statistics. Review/analyse reporting statistics and figures in order to identify trends and make relevant recommendations
Relationship management – Developing and maintaining professional business associations at all levels. Establish relationships both inside and outside the organisation. Effectively apply networking and influencing skills
Business Acumen – Understanding main business drivers in order to impact on decision making; demonstrating financial awareness; controlling costs and thinking in terms of profit, loss and added value
Strategic Thinking – Formulates objectives and implements plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organization. Interprets organizational strategy and translate this into tactical action plans
Quality Focus – Ensure the quality outcome is achieved. Take caution in preparing the details relevant to the process. Follow process in order to ensure high quality output
Communication – Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds. Uses their ability to communicate to generate support for ideas and enthusiasm and excitement within a Team. Has the ability to present ideas and plans in a way that people with varying levels of experience can understand, interpret and action them.
Accountability – Follows through and delivers results in spite of obstacles. Admits to errors and takes corrective action to avoid repetition. Approaches own work with dedication and high sense of responsibility
Results driven – Consistently delivers required business results; sets and achieves goals, consistently complies with quality standards and meets deadlines; maintains focus on organizational goals
Market awareness – Stays attuned to the needs of the market and developments. Translates market knowledge into product 4 innovations and new designs that are responsive to the needs of the customer.